English| മലയാളം
mavelikara

Mavelikara is a town in Alappuzha district. It is in the southern part of Alappuzha district on the banks of the Achankovil River. Mavelikara is located on the Haripad - Pandalam- Pathanamthitta Road. Mavelikkara is close to NH 47, National Highway. Mavelikara is known as the capital of Onattukara. It was formerly the seat of Pandalam Rajas called Airoor Swaroopam. The principality was absorbed in Travancore in 1812. The Budha shrine preserved in the town in under the control of State Archaeology Department and one of the rarest of its kind in the state.